***[NOTE: This post was featured in the December 22nd, 2011 Sway Magazine Online Article, Think Outside of the Gift-Giving Box]****
This post is inspired by the “Favourite Things” episodes Oprah used to do (yes, I do love Oprah) and a recent Facebook Status made by my friend Kim Crosby encouraging people to support community artists when shopping for the holidays. I am borrowing some of Kim’s ideas plus adding a few goodies of my own based on the amazing experiences I have had and artists I have connected with over the past year (and change). It is a blessing to say that I know and am connected to each of the spaces, businesses and artists on this list.
Whether you are looking for a majestic signature art piece for the bestie that just moved into his new spot, self-help tips for that rebellious teenage niece, a quirky statement accessory for your off-the-wall homegirl, burlesque classes for the aunt who suppressed secret dreams of being a dancer or music to add to a personalized mixtape for a loved one…i feel like this list has something for you!
What do these all share in common? Everything on this list is connected to the Tdot, they are all rooted in communities I identify with, and they all emanate beautiful energy in some form or another 🙂
- Be More than Just a Dime: A Guide for Beautiful Women and Girls to a Beautiful Life and World by Odeen Eccleston
- Because We Were Born by Keisha-Monique Simpson
- Store: Accents on Eglinton
- Store: A Different Booklist
- Prints by Quentin Vercetty
- Sweet Like Mango Cards by Suritah Wignall
- Store/Studio: Miracle Thieves
- Photography Services: TOportfolio
HEALTH AND WELLNESS